BLUEBERRY LEMON TART RECIPE
WHOLE WHEAT CRUST:2/3 cup Whole Wheat Flour3 Tablespoons Brown Sugar3 Tablespoons Organic
Coconut Oil2 Tablespoons Ice Cold Water
INGREDIENTS for FILLING:1
cup Greek nonfat Yogurt4 Lemons1/4 cup Sugar2 Eggs1 cup fresh Blueberries
Prepare Filling. Blend yogurt, juice of freshly squeezed lemons, sugar, and eggs. Chill in refrigerator for 4-5
hours. Preheat oven at 350F degrees. Prepare crust by processing all ingredients in a food processor, pulsing until
flour is well blended and dough is crumbly. Place dough between 2 sheets of wax paper and roll out dough until thin.
Place dough in flan ramekins or mini pie tins. Add blueberries to cover the bottom of the pie tins, then pour filling
ingredients on top of blueberries. Bake for 30 minutes. Allow to cool before serving.
BLUEBERRY SUNFLOWER SANDWICHESINGREDIENTS:
PREPARATION: These sandwiches are a creative way to use the "Mock" Blueberry Jam leftover from the limeade recipe (below). These are a healthier version
of the peanut butter sandwich, with sunflower seed butter (low allergenic) substituting for peanut butter.
- "Mock" Blueberry Jam (see Blueberry
Limeade Recipe below)
- Sunflower Seed Spread
- Colored Sunflowers (look for seeds colored with natural ingredients)
- Flower-shaped Cookie cutters
BLUEBERRY LIMEADE (with less sugar):
- 1 1/2 cups sugar (you will only use approx. 1/2 cup)
- 4 limes, freshly squeezed
- 1 cup
1. Heat 1 cup of water, 1 cup of fresh
blueberries, and 1/2 cup sugar until boiling; then, reduce to simmer and continue to heat for 30-40 minutes (blueberries
will be sweeter the longer the liquid is reduced). A thin blueberry syrup will remain.
2. Use a fine mesh strainer over a bowl to extract just the blueberry syrup for the limeade.
Reserve the extra berries in the strainer to make our Blueberry Sunflower Sandwiches (see recipe above). The blueberries
that remain are a "Mock" Blueberry Jam.
3. Make a simple syrup by boiling 1 cup of water and 1 cup of sugar until sugar is dissolved.
Remove from heat and set aside.
4. Pour 4 cups of water and ice into
5. Add juice of 4 limes to the water pitcher.
6. Add ONLY 1/2 cup of the simple syrup (discard the rest).
7. Add 6 Tbsp. of the blueberry syrup (or more to taste) to the water pitcher.